Lower Your Bill and Increase Comfort at Home
GRU offers rebates to help residential customers convert their electric, oil or LP gas (liquefied petroleum) cooking ranges and clothes dryers to natural gas models. Customers who replace an existing natural gas range or dryer with a newer model do not qualify for this program.
- Combine with GRU's other natural gas rebates for up to $1,600 in rebates per location.
- Install a range, plus two of the following (water heater, dryer or furnace) to receive a $150 bonus rebate.
|Cooking Range and/or Dryer
|Oil/Electric to Natural Gas (1st unit)
|Oil/Electric to Natural Gas (additional unit)
| LP to Natural Gas (1st unit)
| LP to Natural Gas (additional unit)
- Open to GRU residential customers.
- Customer must have an existing natural gas water heater or be replacing a water heater with a natural gas model.
- Customer must live within GRU's natural gas service area. Call 352-393-1464 to check for availability.
- Customer must convert an electric, oil or LP gas cooking range or clothes dryer to a natural gas model. This rebate does not apply when replacing an existing natural gas range or dryer with a new one.
- Appliance must be installed by a GRU Natural Gas Partnering Contractor.
- Rebate offer may not exceed the purchase price.
- Rebates are subject to change without notice and are subject to approval.
Getting Natural Gas Service
Customers who do not currently have natural gas service in their home should call our Gas Marketing Department at 352-393-1464 to find out if it is available in their area and to schedule a visit from a gas representative. Customers will also need to arrange to have the gas service installed in their home.
How to Apply
- Confirm that the property currently has natural gas service and that the water heater is a natural gas model.
- Contact a GRU Natural Gas Partnering Contractor to receive an estimate and schedule equipment installation.
- Submit a completed rebate form along with proof of purchase within 30 days of installation.
- GRU may require an on-site, post-installation inspection for quality assurance.
- Rebate will be issued in the form of a check or a credit on the customer's utility bill. GRU retains the right to apply the rebate to any delinquency on any account in the customer's name.
For additional information or to find out if you qualify for a rebate, please call our Gas Marketing Department at 352-393-1464.