Information and Tools to Lower Your Bill
While GRU is monitoring weather conditions and expects our distribution system to be ready to handle the extra demand, customers should always conserve by following these simple tips:
- Set your thermostat to 78°F or higher when cooling.
- Set your thermostat at 68°F or lower when heating.
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- Close windows, blinds and/or curtains to retain heat/cool.
- Check your heating/cooling system's filter.
Answer some questions about your home and daily activities for a comprehensive breakdown of your energy use. This tool will also help you identify possible savings.
Tips and ideas to help you save energy in your home and lower your bill. A PDF graphic with tips can be found here
Get ideas to lower your current utility bill or tips for selecting your next rental property.
Request a free home survey and our trained staff will inspect your home to identify ways you can reduce your energy and water use.
GRU's Low-income Energy Efficiency Program plus assists low-income customers with home improvements that can lower their electric bill, improve comfort and reduce energy use.
Learn more about your duct system and its condition with a detailed report and analysis from the energy experts at GRU.
Thinking about making some energy-efficient home improvements? You may be able to save money with our residential rebate and incentive programs.
Learn which electronics are using the most energy in your home with meters available at local libraries.
Use this worksheet to estimate how much your home appliances and electronics cost to operate.
Search for your home, view your home's carbon footprint, energy, natural gas, and water consumption, and compare with your neighbors.
ToolsforTenants allows users to compare many of the apartment complexes in the Gainesville area based on average electricity and natural gas usage.
Alachua County Resource List:
GRU has worked with the following organizations to provide relief during these challenging times. These organizations are not funded by GRU.
- Alachua County Habitat for Humanity: Home Repair/Weatherization (352) 378-4663
- Central Florida Community Action Agency: Weatherization/Emergency Assistance (352) 373-9805
- Neighborhood Housing and Development Corp.: Emergency Home Repair/Code Repairs (352) 380-9119
- Rebuilding Together NCF: Home Repair/Energy Efficiency (352) 692-4973
- Alachua Social Services: Rent/Electric (352) 264-6750
- Catholic Charities: Utility Assistance (352) 372-0264
- Elder Care (60+): Crisis Electric (352) 265-9040
- Gainesville Community Ministries: Crisis Electric (352) 372-8162