Fees for late payments, returned payments and nonpayments
Your utility bill is due and payable as of the date shown on the bill.
- A late fee will be assessed on any unpaid balance if payment is not received in full by the close of business on your due date (view payment options and deadlines).
- As a courtesy, GRU will mail you a late fee notice and service disconnection warning if your payment is not received in full by the payment deadline. Failure to read or receive this notice in a timely manner does not release you from your payment responsibilities.
- Accounts not paid within 7 days of service disconnection will be closed, and any remaining utility services at the residence will be disconnected. (Additional delinquent fees may apply.) Any deposit on file will be applied to your outstanding balance.
- GRU does not contact customers to demand immediate payment or personal information. If you receive this type of request, please do not comply. If you are unsure about the authenticity of communications appearing to be from GRU, contact Customer Service at 352-334-3434 or 1-800-818-3436.
Delinquent Payment Charges (as of Oct. 1, 2015)
$0.01 - $50.00 = $25.00
$50.01 - $300.00 = $30.00
$300.01 - $800.00 = $40.00
$800.01 and above = 5% of payment
||$1 or 1.5% of past-due balance, whichever is greater
Delinquent Disconnection/Reconnection Charges (as of Oct. 1, 2015)
| Delinquent disconnection and reconnection for nonpayment
- Electric $52
- Water $52
- Natural Gas $75
|Water disconnected (meter removed) due to nonpayment, safety requirements, unauthorized connection or customer request
|Electric service disconnected at point of service (pole, service drop or transformer)
|Reconnection requested outside of normal working hours (7 a.m. - 6 p.m., Monday - Friday)
- Electric/Additional $87*
- Water/Additional $87*
- Natural Gas/Additional $78*
Please note: The charges listed on these pages are based on Chapter 27 and Appendix A of the City of Gainesville Code of Ordinances, which can be found on Municode.com. If there are differences between information on this page and the ordinance, the ordinance shall prevail. Please contact Customer Service for more information.