Before You Start Your Service for New Business
Due to legal and operational requirements business customers are not able to start service online. Please read the information below in its entirety and email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Customer Service at 352-334-3434 during regular business hours for a deposit quote and any other information that you may need.
To apply for service with Gainesville Regional Utilities, you may visit our Customer Service Office or mail the service application along with your security deposit. The application must be signed by a corporate officer of your organization. You may bring payment and your application to our office located at 301 SE 4th Ave. Lobby hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday, except Wednesdays, which are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Please see a Customer Service Representative. Payment and the application, along with a copy of your identification, can also be mailed to PO Box 147051, Gainesville, FL 32614-7051.
If you are requesting a meter installation for new construction (at least 15 business days' notice is required). Please visit our New Services page for additional information.
Service Application must include the following information:
- Business name (as it appears on www.SunBiz.org) or sole proprietor if utility service will be placed in the name of an individual
- Federal Tax Identification Number along with SS-4 document
- Service Address (if multiple addresses, include list on company letterhead)
- Services requested
- Requested start service date
- Mailing address
- Primary contact name, phone number, and email address
- Notarized signature of corporate officer listed on www.SunBiz.org along with driver’s license number
- Certificate of Occupancy (for new construction)
- Tax Exemption Certificate (if any)
Deposits and Activation Charges
The security deposit will need to be paid up front prior to starting service. You may satisfy this requirement by cash, check, and an irrevocable letter of credit from your bank, or a surety bond through an insurance company located in Florida or underwritten by a Florida agent. Additional information for an irrevocable letter of credit and/or surety bond can be provided upon your request and is also available at the link below.
Services Available (Vary by Location)
All available services will be displayed automatically based on the address you enter on your application. Please select all services listed for that location to ensure your application is processed quickly.
*Provided by City of Gainesville
For more information and terms and conditions, please visit our start service page for new businesses.