Reliable, Energy-efficient and Environmentally Safe
Natural gas is one of the most reliable and cost-effective energy sources. Use natural gas for heating, water heating, cooking, drying and other energy applications such as grilling and pool heating.
Natural Gas Benefits
Natural gas is highly efficient, using more than 90 percent of its energy potential. In fact, it can cost 50 percent less to cook with natural gas versus electricity. It is also the cleanest burning fossil fuel available, making it an environmentally friendly choice. Read more in Natural Living magazine.
- Water heats up twice as fast and stays hotter, longer.
- Clothing dries more quickly and with fewer wrinkles.
- Furnaces deliver a warmer, more comfortable heat.
- Hot water and cooking are still available if an electric outage occurs.
- Food tastes better when prepared using natural gas. It's the number-one cooking choice of professional chefs.
To find out if natural gas service is available in your area, call our Gas Marketing Department at 352-393-1464.
GRU offers rebates to help customers convert appliances such as hot water heaters, furnaces, ranges and dryers from electric, oil or LP gas (liquefied petroleum) to energy-efficient natural gas models. Customers must use a GRU Partnering Contractor to qualify for a natural gas rebate.