Summer is here! And it's hot.
Beat the heat this summer with our 2023 Summer Survival Guide. It's gonna be a scorcher, but we've got tips to keep your utility bill down, fun ideas to keep you entertained, and ways to stay cool all summer long!
Summer Savings Checklist
Download this checklist filled with practical ways to minimize your utility bill this summer. You can even print it out and hang it next to the thermostat for an extra reminder.
Important Phone Numbers
- GRU Energy and Water Surveys: On-site conservation report (352) 393-1460
- GRU Customer Service: (352) 334-3434
- City of Gainesville Housing: Home Rehab/Roof (352) 334-5026
GRU has worked with the following organizations to provide relief.
- Alachua County Habitat for Humanity: Home Repair/Weatherization (352) 378-4663
- Central Florida Community Action Agency: Weatherization/Emergency Assistance (352) 373-9805
- Neighborhood Housing and Development Corp.: Emergency Home Repair/Code Repairs (352) 380-9119
- Rebuilding Together NCF: Home Repair/Energy Efficiency (352) 692-4973
- Alachua Social Services: Rent/Electric (352) 264-6750
- Catholic Charities: Utility Assistance (352) 372-0264
- Elder Care (60+): Crisis Electric (352) 265-9040
- Gainesville Community Ministries: Crisis Electric (352) 372-8162
About our models (above): Special thanks to our Summer Survival Guide models (L-R), Gary, Rodney, Jose and Jacquez. When these good-natured GRU employees aren’t posing with unicorn floats and Super Soakers, they are making sure our customers receive safe and reliable utility services. We appreciate their contributions to our community and to our guide!