Tips to lower the energy bill for your business
Sealing doors and windows can help save energy and lower your bill, as leaks can cause drafts and allow cooled or warmed air to escape. These leaks can make heating and cooling systems work overtime and reduce comfort for employees and customers.
- Check for a tight seals around doors and windows
- Look for visible signs of daylight entering the building
- Seal all air gaps with weatherstripping or caulk
- Reduce solar heat gain by closing shades and blinds, or try using solar screens, low-emissivity tintings and window glazings
- Clear acrylic interior window attachments are also available for commercial applications