Simplify Your Life and Your Budget
Budget Billing is a free program that allows you to pay the same amount each month, making it easier to avoid seasonal spikes in your utility bills.
- Residential customers
- Satisfactory payment history: on-time payments, with no delinquent disconnects or returned payments.
- No past-due balances
- A minimum of 12 months of billing history for the account
- View Terms and Conditions
How is Budget Billing Calculated?
- Your monthly Budget Billing amount will be based on the average of your bills from the past 12 months.
- If you incur additional charges such as late fees, we will add those charges to your monthly Budget Billing amount.
- GRU will continue to read your meter(s) to determine your actual usage and calculate your actual bill amount.
- While participating in the Budget Billing program the difference between your Budget Bill amount and your actual bill amount will be deferred. This may be a credit or debit.
- We will review your account periodically and may recalculate your Budget Billing to reflect the average of your most recent 12 months of actual bills and any deferred balance. Notification of the new amount will be reflected in the “Messages” section on your monthly bill.
- On the December invoice, we will “true-up” your account. Your Budget Billing payment will include the deferred balance plus your Budget Billing amount.
- Budget Billing starts over every January with new calculations.
- You must maintain a satisfactory payment history, or your account may be removed from the Budget Billing program.
- If your account is closed, transferred, or removed from the Budget Billing program for any reason, the deferred balance will be due immediately. You may request a payment plan for the unpaid balance by contacting GRU's Customer Service Department.
How To Sign Up: