What you can do to prevent clogs and spills
The best way to discard of fat, oil and grease at home is to:
- Pour them into a metal can
- Let the can cool
- Throw it in the garbage
- Meat fats
- Cooking oil
- Food scraps
- Baking goods
- Dairy products
- Butter and margarine
- Put oil and grease in covered collection container to be discarded in the garbage.
- Scrape food scraps from dishes into trash cans and garbage bags and dispose of properly.
- Cover kitchen sink with catch basket and empty into garbage can as needed.
- Put fat, oil, grease, or food products down the sink drain.