Save energy and improve comfort in your rental properties
GRU offers rebates to help rental property managers and owners convert electric, oil or LP gas (liquefied petroleum) cooking ranges and clothes dryers to natural gas models. Customers who replace an existing natural gas range or dryer with a newer model do not qualify for this program.
Best Suited for
- Property management (single-family/MDU)
- Rental unit must have an existing natural gas water heater, or have existing water heater replaced with a natural gas model.
- Property must be located within GRU's natural gas service area. Call 352-393-1464 to check for availability.
- Customer must convert an electric, oil or LP gas cooking range or clothes dryer to a natural gas model. This rebate does not apply to the replacement of existing natural gas ranges or dryers with new ones.
- Appliance must be installed by a GRU Natural Gas Partnering Contractor.
- Rebate offer may not exceed the purchase price.
- Rebates are subject to change without notice and are subject to approval.
Getting Natural Gas Service
Customers who do not currently have natural gas service to their business should call our Gas Marketing Department at 352-393-1464 to find out if it is available in the area and to schedule a visit from a gas representative. Customers will also need to arrange to have the gas service installed in their business.
How to Apply
- Confirm that the property currently has natural gas service and that the water heater is a natural gas model.
- Arrange for an estimate and a subsequent equipment installation with a GRU Natural Gas Partnering Contractor.
- Submit completed rebate form with proof of purchase within 30 days of installation.
- An on-site, post-installation inspection may be required for quality assurance.
- Rebate will be issued in the form of a check or a credit on the customer's utility bill. GRU retains the right to apply the rebate to any delinquency on any account in the customer's name
For additional information or to find out if you qualify for a rebate, please call our Gas Marketing Department at 352-393-1464.