Simplify Your Life and Your Budget
*Budget Pay is an optional payment program designed to help you avoid unpredictable utility bills. It allows you to equalize your monthly payments, making it easier to budget.
*NOTE: We are no longer accepting new customers for Budget Pay.
How it Works
- Your Budget Pay amount will be based on your average bill from the past 12 months.
- GRU will continue to read your meter(s) to determine actual usage and calculate your actual bill amount.
- The net difference between your Budget Pay amount and your actual bill amount for each month will be summarized as a Balance Forward on your bill. This may be a credit or debit depending on whether your actual usage was lower or higher than usual.
- It is recommended that you review your Balance Forward to ensure your Budget Pay amount is appropriate and request changes as needed.
- GRU will review your account periodically and may recalculate your Budget Pay amount to reflect your most recent 12 months of actual bills and any deferred balance.
- A good payment history is required to participate in Budget Pay. In the event that a poor payment history is established, your account may be removed from the program.
- If your account is closed, transferred or removed from the Budget Pay program for any reason, any deferred balance will become due immediately. You may request a payment plan for the unpaid balance by contacting GRU's Customer Service Department.