Simplify your life and your budget
Budget Pay is an optional payment program designed to help you avoid unpredictable utility bills. It allows you to equalize your monthly payments, making it easier to budget.
How it Works
- Your Budget Pay amount will be based on your average bill from the past 12 months.
- GRU will continue to read your meter(s) to determine actual usage and calculate your actual bill amount.
- The net difference between your Budget Pay amount and your actual bill amount for each month will be summarized as a Balance Forward on your bill. This may be a credit or debit depending on whether your actual usage was lower or higher than usual.
- It is recommended that you review your Balance Forward to ensure your Budget Pay amount is appropriate and request changes as needed.
- GRU will review your account periodically and may recalculate your Budget Pay amount to reflect your most recent 12 months of actual bills and any deferred balance.
- A good payment history is required to participate in Budget Pay. In the event that a poor payment history is established, your account may be removed from the program.
- If your account is closed, transferred or removed from the Budget Pay program for any reason, any deferred balance will become due immediately. You may request a payment plan for the unpaid balance by contacting GRU's Customer Service Department.